Happy Monday Friends! I’m trying to keep things positive over here and what better to do that with than a watermelon salad recipe? This reminds me of summer sun, being at the beach and GOOD TIMES. I think we could all use a little more brightness in our days. This recipe is also extremely minimal in ingredients and you can most likely make it with what you have in your fridge/pantry right now.
How to Cut a Watermelon
Buy it cubed. No, totally kidding – it’s actually not that difficult.
- Using a sharp knife cut each end off and stand the watermelon up on one of the sides.
- Cut straight down the middle from top to bottom
- Cut each half into horizontal ‘strips’ about 2-3 inches thick
- Using a paring knife, cut between the rind and the watermelon flesh (the goal is to remove it from the rind) and cube it up!
Benefits of Watermelon
- Extremely hydrating
- High in vitamin B1
- Increase the production of arginine in your body which plays an integral role in volume and direction of blood flow in your body.
This watermelon recipe I’ve made has really bold flavors but also let’s the watermelon shine. I love the combination of lime and watermelon – maybe one of my favorite summer snacks ever. Just stand over the sink and squeeze a little bit on each piece – the best. I also wanted to bring a little flavor and crunch to the party though. This is where the red onion, pistachio and salt come in. Bonus points if you have flaky sea salt (you know, like the big flakes you see on chocolate chip cookies? Those ones.)
Watermelon Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil – I love this one
- Sea Salt
I’m confident you’re going to love this recipe if you love watermelon. If you do – don’t hesitate to let me know in the comments!
Watermelon Lime Salad
- 1 whole watermelon cubed
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup pistachios cut into pieces
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside
- Add the watermelon chunks to a large bowl and combine with onion, pistachios and lime vinaigrette. Top with flaky sea salt.