Is there anything better than pizza in the summer time?! Didn’t think so. It’s one of Kevin’s favorite foods for sure, so I knew I should probably come up with something a little bit cleaner for us to have. Fun fact: I’m not the biggest fan of pizza sauce, I usually lean more toward garlic oil or something along those lines. With that being said, I wanted this pizza to be seasonal and fresh and THAT it is, my friends!
I’ve recently been focusing on figuring out my migraines (as you know, if you’ve been following along) so I’ve reduced my gluten intake. This crust is gluten and dairy free and topped with fresh seasonal vegetables. My Favorite ingredient? Thrive Algae Oil . We hear so many things about which oils are good and bad for you that it’s hard to make a decision, so I just focus on the facts. Using Thrive is a simple swap that can replace sources of saturated fa (the bad fat), like butter and traditional cooking oils, to help maintain heart health- It contains 75% less saturated fat than olive oil! Thrive contains 90% MUFAs (monounsaturated fat, the good fat), while olive oil contains approximately 70% MUFAs. This oil also has a high smoke point (up to 485 degrees), which means it doesn’t burn at high temperatures. This makes a big difference when you’re frying, searing, sautéing, and roasting. See why I like it now?
So back to the pizza! I bet you’re wondering what I even did with this oil, huh? As I mentioned, I’m not a huge fan of pizza sauce so I ended up using a kale pesto as my base and warmed up some of the Thrive® oil with lemon peel for an awesome infusion to drizzle on top. Thrive has a super light and neutral taste so the lemon flavor was able to shine, and it added the just the right amount of punch and freshness the pizza needed! For more info or to buy Thrive Algae Oil go ahead and click right here sista. My local Florida readers can also visit participating Publix stores this weekend (5/18-5/20) for a free tasting before you buy. You can contact your local store for their schedule – Be sure to check it out!
Looking for more dinner recipes? How about Garlic Carnitas Toston Boats ?
Summer Veggie Pizza with Lemon Infused Oil
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water warm
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Thrive Algae Oil
- 1-1/2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Zucchini
- ½ C Store Bought Pesto I used vegan kale pesto
- 1 Lemon
- ½ C Corn Cooked
- ¼ C Thrive Algae Oil
- 1 C Cherry Tomatoes Cut in Half
- 2 Small Radishes
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F. Grease a 10in Pan (I honestly used a springform cake pan)
- Mix yeast, warm water and sugar in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes (it should be foamy)
- Mix egg into the wet ingredients after the 5 minutes. In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer combine wet and dry.
- Pour dough out onto your pizza sheet. Using wet hands, press it into whichever shape you please.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- In a small sauce pan or a small frying pan on medium heat, pour in Thrive Algae Oil.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel your lemon and place the rinds into the oil.
- Heat for 10 Minutes or so
- ROASTED TOMATOES:
- Place halved tomatoes on a greased baking sheet and in the oven for 10 minutes or until blistered.
- Spread pesto on the crust and begin to top with corn, radishes, tomatoes and zucchini ribbons. You can make zucchini ribbons simply by peeling them with the same vegetable peeler as the lemon! Top with lemon infused oil, salt and pepper – ENJOY!