These sticky chicken wings are spicy, sweet, and crispy for the best bite!Jump to Recipe
Whenever I think of sticky chicken wings, I always secretly want them to be made with Asian flavors. I love the combination of sweet and salty, which these wings totally encompass. If you’ve never made your own chicken wing sauce before, then you’re in for a treat! It’s very easy, and can be made while your chicken wings are crisping up in the air fryer or oven.
How to Make The Sticky Wing Sauce
- This is actually the easiest sauce you’ll ever make. Coconut aminos, sriracha, pineapple juice and honey go into a sauce pot.
- The key here is to reduce it down, that’s how you get it sticky. The mixture comes to a boil and essentially evaporates until you’re left with a sticky sauce
What to Serve Sticky Wings With
- I don’t know about you – but I love to have something cooling and refreshing with my chicken wings. The perfect addition to these sticky wings is a chunky pineapple salsa
- They would also be great served with some Scallion Pancakes instead of fries.
How to Make Sticky Wings in the OvenJump to Recipe
The best way (in my opinion) is to make chicken wings in an air fryer. It’s so much faster and they just get so crispy.
If you’re making chicken wings in the oven you’ll want to do the following:
- Make sure they are very dry
- Salt the skin. Salt helps remove moisture
- Place them on a baking sheet with the oven at 400F and flip them after 15 minutes or so. Flip them every 15 minutes until they’re crispy enough
There are a ton of different combinations you can do with this sauce. I’ve also tried to do it with mango which is equally delicious. I HIGHLY recommend eating them immediately. If you let them just sit in the sauce then they will most likely get soggy as the time goes on.
Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbs honey
- 1-2 tsp sriracha depending on your spice preference
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple diced
- 2 tbs red onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- Lay chicken wings on a paper towel and make sure they're very dry and sprinkle them with salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or put them in an air fryer at 400°F for 30 minutes
- Add coconut aminos, honey, pineapple juice and sriracha on medium high heat. Bring to a boil and stir continuously until it's thickened.
- Add diced pineapple, red onion, lime juice and sea salt to a medium bowl and set aside
- Once wings are done cooking toss them with the sauce in a medium bowl. Serve immediately with pineapple salsa