Hey friends! I feel like I need to sing the ‘reunited and it feels so good’ song. I’m just going to come out and say it – you’re going to love these spicy cauliflower wings. I’ve been pretty MIA on here because life just got in the way with moving and being a Nomad for a month but I’M BACK. I just finished planning out the next few months content and I am SO excited about every single one. Probably because the holidays are in the next few months but who knows. Moving to New Jersey has been a whirlwind. It’s like a whole different world here, we sold our cars, bought coats and took up walking to the grocery store – very different from FL! We’re having the best time discovering our new little town as well as NYC! We’re so close now and I could not be happier. My restaurant list was already out of control but now that I can actually make it to these places – it is ENDLESS.
How to Make Spicy Cauliflower Wings Crispy
- Seasoning the batter for the spicy cauliflower wings is super important here. I like adding salt and pepper. I like using the gluten free panko, it’s super crispy!
- Whisk up the egg – if you’re feeling sassy season the egg mixture too! Dip each floret in there first and then the panko.
Anyway – I posted a photo of these spicy cauliflower wings last month and you guys went CRAZY! It’s about time I share how I did it huh? Firstly – you guys saw that I got a Chefman Air Fryer which has been so much fun to use! Things really get super crispy in there and it’s so easy! It will be good for summer days when you don’t want to heat your whole house up with the oven.
I did realize things get crispier in there if they have some sort of batter on them, which is what I did with the spicy cauliflower wings which you’ll see in the recipe. They’re crispy, sweet and salty and I’m pretty sure I could’ve eaten all of them myself. If you don’t have an air fryer you can make them in the oven! You’ll have to mess around with the temperature though, I’m sure since I’ve never done it!
Love & A Messy Kitchen,
Air Fryer Crispy Cauliflower with Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs or regular if you’re not gluten free
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Sweet Chili Sauce store bought
- Break apart cauliflower into florets and set aside
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk until combined (like scrambled eggs)
- In a separate bowl add corn starch, salt and pepper and whisk until combined
- In a third bowl, add panko bread crumbs
- Dip each floret into the corn starch, making sure it’s covered but dusting off any excess. Next into the egg and then into the panko. Add it to the air fryer basket.
- Repeat until you have all of your florets done. Put the Air Fryer on 350 and let go for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes check to see if they are crispy and brown – adjust timing from there.
- Once all of your cauliflower florets are crispy and brown, add your sweet chili sauce to a bowl and toss to coat. Eat or serve immediately.
If you love this cauli you’ll love these lemon french fries!