Simple chicken recipes – we’re all looking for them, right? We all also know how boring and flavorless they can be. I wanted to change your mind with this Roasted Grape One Pan Chicken. I know what you’re thinking, “did you say grapes?!” Yes, my friend. If you’ve never had a roasted grape, you’re missing out. Honestly, one pan meals are such a quick and easy way to get a weeknight meal done if you’re in a hurry or it’s a ‘clean out the fridge’ kind of night.
How to Cook Simple Chicken Recipes
They’re called simple chicken recipes for a reason, ya know? In this dish I really wanted to keep the skin on the chicken thighs crispy because no one likes soggy skin! The chicken is the first thing that is going to touch your pan. You want to get it super hot (I like using cast iron skillets for this sort of thing). When you’re searing skin-on chicken, you want that to be the first thing that touches the pan so it gets the crispiest. We’re not worried about cooking the chicken through at this point since it will be going in the oven.
How to Get Crispy Chicken Skin (and keep it that way!)
I mentioned above that you put the chicken, skin-down in the pan before you do anything and crisp it up. Then you’ll flip it over once it’s golden brown delicious. The trick here, since we do add some Grape Vibes Health-Ade Kombucha is to not pour it over the skin. Trick number two is to leave everything uncovered in the oven for as long as you can, so it doesn’t turn into a steam bath.
Storing Your Leftovers & Re-Heating
Ideally, I would store the chicken separately from all of the vegetables in glass containers or any tupperware you have. When you want to reheat the chicken and still get crispy skin, there are a few options. If you have one – put it in the airfryer at 350 for 10 minutes. If you want to put it in the oven, do 350 for 10 minutes and then broil for about 1-2 minutes to crisp up the skin.
Have you made these plantain burgers with garlic chipotle aioli yet?
This post was sponsored by Health-Ade Kombucha over on Instagram!
One Pan Crispy Roasted Grape Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs & Drumsticks about 2 drumsticks and 2 thighs
- 1 cup Potatoes cut into chunks or in half if using baby potatoes
- ½ cup Green Grapes cut in half
- ½ Small Onion diced
- 1 cup Mixed Bell Peppers diced
- ½ cup Health-Ade Kombucha Grape Vibes
- 2 Tsp Hungarian Hot Paprika
- 1 Rosemary Sprig
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Pat chicken dry and fix any skin thats been pushed down. Season skin side with a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and half of the paprika.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high, once the pan starts to smoke add in your olive oil and chicken, skin side down. Season the other side of the chicken while it’s in the pan
- Sear for 4-5 minutes on the first side & 2 minutes on the second side. *We’re just going for crispy skin right here – the chicken will cook the rest of the way in the oven*
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add in ¼ cup of the kombucha and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan. Add in onions, peppers, potatoes, and grapes with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes. Nestle the chicken back into the pan and pour the rest of the kombucha on top.
- Place in a 350 degree F oven, covered, for 30 minutes. Un-cover and cook another 5-10 until potatoes are cooked through.