Last updated on March 18th, 2019 at 06:51 pmJump to Recipe – Print Recipe
It’s almost here! Valentine’s Day is such a weird day. Who even started this?! Anyway, if you read my superbowl post, you know I love a good themed party. SO with that being said, I wanted to put together a dinner recipe that was easy to make and insanely delicious. YOU GUYS – I think there is maybe like 7 max ingredients in this dish and it’s SO GOOD. Kevin literally ate all of it before I could even look. You can totally make this shredded beef ragu in a crockpot or multi-cooker. I chose to do it on high pressure because #impatient but it worked out perfectly! I also added some Villa San Giovanni Merlot because #ValentinesDay
Of course, with any good Valentine’s meal we need a good valentines wine right? I chose to go with a red on this one for a couple reasons. 1. This is most definitely a beef dish and as much as I’m all about ‘drink what you like, who cares’ when it comes to beef, I’m into the red wine game. 2. I feel like you should just drink red wine on Valentine’s Day because of the whole red theme. ANYWAY – I chose to go with a Villa San Giovanni Merlot, there’s nothing better than wine from Italy, truly. Until I experience other countries, I’m always on the lookout for all of the Italian wine.
Whether you’re spending Valentine’s day with your friends, family, significant other, or pet MAKE THIS DISH. You will not regret it, I’m telling you that. Fun Fact: Kevin and I usually stay home on Valentine’s Day, we’re not really into spending a million dollars on a pre-fixe menu and scream over eachother in a loud restaurant.
Last year we actually had a little cook-off, which is so much more our style! It was so much fun! We did it ‘chopped’ style so we each had roughly the same ingredients and made completely different dishes and plated them and everything. We polled IG to get the winner! Maybe we’ll do that again this year! It was so much fun.
Whatever you choose to do, know that this day does not define ANYTHING in your life. You are loved everyday by so many people and don’t you forget it!
Shredded Red Wine Beef Ragu and Papardelle
- 1 Large Shallot diced
- 1 Large Garlic Clove diced
- 1 LB Stew Beef or Chuck cubed
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Villa San Giovanni Merlot
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- Using a pressure or multi-cooker on the saute setting, saute shallots in 1 tbs of olive oil until translucent stirring occasionally.
- Add in garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Add beef and a large pinch of salt. Try to get as much of the meat on the pan as you can to get them a little brown. (about 2 minutes per side)
- In a small bowl mix together remaining ingredients and pour into multi-cooker. Set on High-Pressure and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until beef shreds easily. Serve over pasta and enjoy!
Hungry for more? Check out this Greek Nourish Bowl