Last updated on February 19th, 2019 at 03:34 pmJump to Recipe – Print Recipe
Is there anything better than ramen? Maybe ramen on a cold day – but still! Kevin has been begging me for like months to make him ramen. The real stuff takes tons of ingredients and hours and hours of simmering away – so like, who has time for that? I was on a mission to make something that was going to be delicious and FAST because ain’t nobody got time to be slaving over the stove, am I right?
I started buying/drinking bone broth when I found out all of the amazing health benefits it had. I used Bare Bones in this recipe and It’s full of protein, collagen (which is great for joint health, digestion, the list goes on) and great flavor! It makes an awesome snack or meal. It’s really important to buy organic, grass-fed because that will be the purest, cleanest you can get.
Back to the ramen – this was so good! You would never know it was only simmering for 30 minutes instead of hours. The crispy caramelized pork makes the perfect addition for some texture and flavor. I also decided to crisp up some shiitakes because we all know how much I love those! If you’ve never t4ried them oven roasted and crispy – it will change your life!! Then of course, the noodles. How could you have ramen without ramen noodles?! I chose to go with rice noodles to make it gluten free but if you find ramen noodles – go for it sista! It’s perfect for a cold day – or even a hot day (my FL people!) but it will definitely give you your Asian fix, which I always need.
I hope you guys like this one! We LOVED it and Kevin was satisfied with this as fixing his craving.
As always –
Love & A Messy Kitchen,
Looking for more soup?! Try this Butternut Squash with Sweet & Spicy Cashews!
Quick & Easy Ramen with Caramelized Pork & Crispy Mushrooms
- 4 Cups Bare Bones Chicekn Bone Broth 2 Packs
- 1 Tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Shiitake Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 Package Rice Noodles
- 1 Tbs Chili Garlic Paste or srirracha works
- 1/2 lb Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Tbs Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tbs Coconut Aminos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Add sliced mushrooms to a greased baking sheet and roast in the oven until brown and crispy (about 15 min)
- Add broth and red thai curry paste to a medium sized pot and bring to a simmer.
- Salt & pepper your pork chops. In a frying pan on medium-high heat add about 1 tbs of olive oil. Sear pork chops on each side (1-2 min per side)
- Add the rest of the broth ingredients to to the pot, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut pork into bite sized pieces and add to a bowl. Cover with remaining coconut aminos and coconut sugar.
- Spread on a sheet pan and place in the oven on broil until edges are crispy and brown.
- In the meantime soak your rice noodles in hot water until they're soft.
- Add cooked noodles to a bowl, next the broth, and top with pork chunks and desired toppings. *carrots, crispy mushrooms, cilantro, serrano chilis.