I know, I know, you’ve heard it a million times – “you should have a routine” but really, you should. A productive morning routine as well as a night time routine gives you structure, purpose and relieves stress. If you don’t plan, you plan to fail, am I right?
Productive Morning Routine (on a perfect day)
- Wake up, brush my teeth, skincare routine
- Take Cashew out for a 30-45 minute long walk. Getting sunlight first thing in the morning sets your circadian rhythm up properly.
- Come back, feed him, make my warm lemon water
- Make the bed – you would be surprised about how much this affects your day!
- Take my supps, garden of life women’s probiotic Mood+, HUM nutrition flatter me use ‘15DF9C’ for $10 off
- Make breakfast: we know i’m not the biggest fan, so usually i’ll eat some fruit, make a smoothie or make something more lunch-ey like this breakfast tostada
- Take cured nutrition ‘rise’ for my focus, mental clarity and energy
- While I eat breakfast, my to-do list is running through my head so that’s when I write down in my planner the things I need to get done today.
- Then, I either workout or get straight to working. If I work out, 90% of the time, i’ll just stay in my dirty workout clothes so I can get to work. Just bein’ honest!
Whatever your routine may be – just have one! It gives you purpose and makes you feel good about your day before it’s even started. If you can incorporate little things in every day that make you happy it just adds to your overall mood. Something else I like doing is finding 1-3 things to be grateful for before my feet even touch the ground in the morning. Try this out! It forces you to find the good in every day if you know you’re going to have to come up with something in the morning.