It’s officially summer! Coming from winter in NJ, I am so appreciating all of the sun and heat in FL. I wanted to make something that was refreshing and light but also able to satisfy you during that summer cookout – enter the peach panzanella salad.
What Is a Panzanella Salad?
A panzanella salad is essentially a bread salad – I know, how bad could it be?! It’s a traditional Italian dish that they made to use up old bread. It can have lettuce or not and it’s usually pretty chunky as far as the other ingredients go.
What If I Only Have Fresh Bread?
Any bread is good bread, am I right? If you’re bread is fresh out of the oven or from the grocery store, don’t fret! Cube it up, drizzle with some olive oil (I love O-Live ‘Everyday’) and bake in the oven on 350F for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Voila! You just made croutons.
I decided to add some greens to this summer peach panzanella salad, along with some tomatoes, shallots, and cucumbers. I generally like salads with alot of ‘stuff’ like this healthy caesar pasta salad so the fact that this one is chunky…and has bread in it, let’s be real – makes me happy.
I finished it off with some salt, pepper and a drizzle of O-Live ‘Robust’, which is what that one is perfect for. It has a strong flavor and tons of benefits for your entire body. Plus, I love the flavor of that one. It would also be really good just as a bread dipper mixed with some balsamic and red chili flakes.
There are so many opportunities in summer food to be super creative and I hope to bring you insanely good recipes throughout the whole time.
Thank you so much to O-LIVE for supporting me, my dreams and this Peach Panzanella Salad!
Summer Peach Panzanella Salad
- ½ baguette cut into cubes
- 2 medium size peaches cut into wedges
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 roma tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 shallot
- ½ of a large cucumber seeds removed, cut in half and sliced
- 1 tbs O-Live ‘Everyday’ Olive Oil
- 2 tbs O-Live ‘Robust’ Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Drizzle O-LIVE ‘Everyday’ olive oil on bread cubes and bake in a 350°F oven 5-10 minutes or until golden brown
- Combine remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and set aside
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl, top with toasted bread cubes and balsamic vinaigrette.
Shop the Recipe
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link or make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or personally use. Thank you for supporting Prickly Fresh.