I feel like one pot meals are the most requested thing from you guys! Everyone is busy and wants to be able to throw dinner together in a synch – I’m SO with you! Sometimes I just don’t feel like cooking – and not only for dinner. Sometimes I eat Perfect Bars for breakfast if I can’t decide on anything to eat (we know I hate breakfast, *eye roll*).
When Thursday rolls around, I’ve usually lost all of my energy to make dinner because I’ve been in the kitchen most of the week cooking for you guys!
SO when I created these one pot recipes, I wanted them to be insanely easy for EVERYONE to make. I didn’t use the crockpot for all of them but its still either that, one pot on the stove, or one pan in the oven!
The Eggroll in a bowl is probably my favorite out of these three because #AsianFlavors duh. However, I’m not a huge leftover person and I think I ate the Turkey Burrito Bowl at least three times – SHOCKING. The Sheet Pan Steak is so easy & flavorful, but most of all this one is so nutritious. Especially if you throw your favorite veggies on there.
Do you guys eat leftovers? Do you ever re-create them into a different dish? I want to know! Teach me your ways!
Fall is coming and my one pot meal repertoire will only continue to grow! I’m all about the soul food this year! Lots of food to warm you from the inside out.
I hope you make one or all three of these one pot meals (but at least one) so you know how easy it is to whip up a home cooked meal for you or you and your family! Remember to tag me in your photos or stories or use #PricklyFresh so I can see your creations!
Love & A Messy Kitchen,
EGGROLL IN A BOWL
Eggroll in a Bowl
- 1/2 cup Roasted Cashews
- 1/4-1/2 cup White Onion diced
- 2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp Ginger finely diced
- 1 12 oz Bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- 11/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- t tbsp Rice Vinegar
- In a frying pan on medium heat add 1 tsp sesame oil and diced onion. Saute until translucent (about 5 min)
- Add sliced shiitakes and saute another 5 minutes until they are cooked down. Sprinkle in sea salt to taste (1 tsp or so)
- Add remaining ingredients EXCLUDING sesame oil, coconut aminos and rice vinegar
- Combine remaining sesame oil, coconut aminos and rice vinegar in a small bowl then add to saute pan. Cook until the entire mixture is slightly softened. Serve Immediately.
SHEET PAN STEAK
Sheet Pan Steak
- 1 lb Skirt Steak
- 2 Bell Peppers cut into chunks
- 1/2 Onion cut into quarters
- 1 tbs Onion Salt
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Place all ingredients on a well oiled sheet pan. Season steak on both sides with onion salt. Season veggies with regular salt or onion salt as well (your choice)
- Place in the oven. Take the steak out after 15 minutes and place the veggies back in the oven for another 15.
TURKEY QUINOA BURRITO BOWL
Turkey Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo or your fav salsa
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Quinoa dry
- 1/4 cup Onion diced
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1 tbs Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Add all ingredients except for quinoa to the bowl of a crockpot or slow cooker set on low.
- The low setting will cook for 8 hours-ish. 30 minutes before you're ready to eat, mix in the quinoa and let cook for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook the quinoa separately.
You have to check out these Plantain Burgers next! omg.