This Lemon Cream Cheese Loaf is sponsored by the Plant-Based promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
I know what you’re thinking, lemon is soooooo riveting for spring *eye roll*. But it’s still around because people LOVE IT. Including me. It’s vibrant, fresh and when paired with the right ingredients creates a flavor bomb in your mouth. It can be combined with so many things; chocolate, lime, blueberries or in a savory setting, olives or bread, it’s great on chicken…I’m pretty sure we’ve been undervaluing the lemon for quite some time! My favorite thing for it to be paired with is cream cheese in some sort of dessert. I wanted to make a healthy plant-based take on a lemon cream cheese loaf. Since there was the Plant-Based promotion happening at Publix, I purchased some of my favorite ingredients there.
Visit getthesavings.com/plant-based or head to your local Publix to grab the in-store 3.27 Extra Savings flyer to see a complete list of product savings included in the plant-based promotion. If you don’t see the Extra Savings flyer in the kiosk at the store’s entrance, ask customer service for one! Or, look for the at-shelf signs located throughout the store which highlight the savings during the promotion. The promotion is running now through 4/09/21.
What You Need to Make Lemon Cream Cheese Loaf
Plant Based Ingredients:
- Miyoko’s Plain Cream Cheese
- Ripple Unsweetened Original Milk
- Kite Hill Unsweetened Plain Yogurt
- Flax Seeds or Flax Meal
- Powdered Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (or regular all-purpose flour)
- Poppy Seeds (totally optional)
This lemon cream cheese loaf is completely vegan, gluten free and the perfect springtime treat.
Loaf Pan Size
The loaf pan that I’m using for this lemon cream cheese loaf, is actually a little bit smaller than the average size which is normally around 8 inches by 4 inches. It doesn’t matter what size your loaf pan is – you just want to fill it ⅔ of the way with your batter. If you have really mini ones and are able to make two then go for it! *baking times will vary* On the same hand, if your pan is slightly bigger you might just have some extra room at the top.
How to Get a Thick Glaze
Powdered sugar. Lots of powdered sugar. When you’re making your glaze, you want it to be opaque white. We add in just enough milk to get to the pouring consistency but it’s really all about the powdered sugar. The trick is to let your loaf cool completely, then pour on one layer of the glaze and let it cool until it’s just hardened. Then you’ll pour the rest of the glaze for a double dipped vibe.
How To Store Your Lemon Cream Cheese Loaf
I suggest storing this loaf in the fridge either wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container. If it’s sitting on your counter *especially in Florida* your glaze is going to get soft and super sticky. It may be okay if you have one of those fancy cake stands that has a lid but better safe than sorry – keep it in the fridge!
Guys, snag these plant-based items while they’re on sale at Publix and start your spring NOW with this lemon cream cheese loaf. The Ripple milk is 2 for $7 and is also really great frothed up in some coffee. The Miyoko’s cream cheese is $4.99 and tastes great on some toast and you can literally do anything with Kite Hill unsweetened yogurt which is 2 for $8. Think dressings, marinades, breakfast bowls – all great options for leftovers. Sale is on until April 9th at Publix!
Lemon Cream Cheese Loaf – Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 4 tbs flax meal
- ½ cup water + 2tbs
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup Kite Hill Yogurt plain, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- 2 tbs Ripple Milk original, unsweetened
- 4 oz Miyokos Plant-Based Cream Cheese original, plain
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ tbs zest
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tbs Ripple Milk original, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Ripple Milk original, unsweetened
- 2 tbs lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350°F
- Combine flax meal, and water and set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, vanilla, sugar, lemon juice, ½ of lemon zest. Add in flax egg and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the filling ingredients (cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and Ripple milk) until smooth.
- Add flour baking soda and salt, and mix until combined and smooth. Add batter to loaf pan, dollop cream cheese mix on top and swirl with a knife. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350°F