Are you still in New Year, New You mode? Or is it fading? I believe in refresh and restarts but I don’t believe in crash dieting. I don’t think it’s good for your body or your mind. Tons of people get so restrictive in hopes of losing weight – then what? What’s going to happen when you go back to eating burgers and fries? I genuinely believe you need to take a good look at your health, what you’re putting in your body and where you want to be. It’s truly, truly a lifestyle. That doesn’t mean you need to cut out all of the things that bring you joy in life. You simply ADD in more good things.
One of my goals on here is to create recipes that are good for you and that taste good and fill you up! There’s such a stigma around ‘healthy’ food and how that only includes plan lettuce salads *eye roll*. I’ve really been into nourish bowls lately, this Cuban one is pretty delish if you’re new here.
I’ve also really been into Mediterranean flavors which I feel like, is sort of unlike me but I’m rollin’ with it. I made these Greek Nourish Bowls full of protein, fresh vegetables and carbs for a filling lunch or dinner. One of my favorite ingredients in here are the Lupini Beans. If you don’t know what these are – they’re these fairly big beans that come from Italy (read about Kevin and I’s laughable experience with them here).
They’re one of the highest plant based proteins out there and so tasty! The fresh Greek salad adds taste and texture while the quinoa adds good carbs and more protein along with the Greek dressing marinated chicken. Sounds like a pretty bangin’ lunch or dinner if you ask me!
What would you want to see next?! Let me know in the comments or on this post on Instagram.
Tag me if you make it!
Thank you to my sponsor Flora Foods for supplying the products to make this post possible today!
Greek Italian Nourish Bowls with Lemon Marinated Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/2 Cup Flora Foods Olive Oil
- 6 Lemons juiced
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Persian Cucumbers quartered
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 4 Cups Mixed Greens
- 1/2 Cup Flora Foods Lupini Beans
- 1/4 Cup Flora Foods Calabrese Olives
- 1/2 Cup Cubed Feta Cheese
- In a small bowl mix Flora Foods olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. set aside.
- In a shallow dish or medium bowl, add chicken breast strips. Use 1/4 cup of your dressing/marinade for the chicken and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Once chicken has marinated, pat dry and add to a skillet on medium high heat with some olive oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side.