Healthy Frozen Banana Pops have been my number one dessert this summer. They’re SO FAST to make and easy to grab out of the freezer to devour. They’ve actually been part of my meal prep lately! The toppings are endless and I’m showing you a trick to make your own – at home – healthy “magic shell” for the chocolate part.
How To Make Frozen Banana Pops
Time needed: 35 minutes.
- Cut, popsicle stick & freeze bananas for at least 30 minutes
- Dip in melted chocolate
- Add Toppings
- Store in the freezer
DIY Healthy Magic Chocolate Shell
The secret ingredient here is coconut oil. This works because coconut oil is a solid at room temperature so when it’s melted and mixed with the melted chocolate it helps it harden up. *If you don’t use the coconut oil, you’re chocolate may not fully harden.
How to Chocolate Dip The Bananas
- Melt chocolate & coconut oil until smooth, then add to a tall glass to make for easy dipping.
How to Store The Healthy Frozen Banana Pops
Store your newly made pops (after all of the chocolate is hardened) in an airtight container. Lay some parchment on the bottom and put 1 layer of the pops, add another layer of parchment and another layer of the banana pops. This should prevent them from sticking together.
Once you let the banana pop sit out for like 5 minutes and you bite into it – it’s super creamy. It gets this ice cream pop texture and it’s so good. I topped these ones with sprinkles, walnuts and dried raspberries but the possibilities are literally endless.
Other toppings that sound good to me: peanut butter, white chocolate, Unreal chocolate gems (crushed), mini marshmallows, dulce de leche, coconut shreds, the list goes on! This would also be a great, fun and rather easy activity if you wanted to get your kids involved in the kitchen. Then they can make their own masterpieces.
Whatever you choose – share it with me! I want to see your creations. Leave a comment below or tag me over on Instagram.
Healthy Frozen Banana Pops Dipped in Chocolate
- 4 Bananas you want them still a little bit green
- 8 Popsicle Sticks
- 6 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 2 tbs Sprinkles
- 2 tbs Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tbs Chopped Freeze Dried Raspberries
- Cut each banana in half horizontally and insert a popsicle stick in each half
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Chop up the chocolate and add to a microwaveable bowl with coconut oil. Cook on high in 30 second intervals stirring in between each one.
- Add the melted chocolate to a tall glass and dip each banana pop in, adding the toppings quickly after it comes out of the chocolate.
- Repeat until all bananas are dipped. Place in the freezer for 30 min-overnight
These look delicious! Such a smart idea to use a glass to dip them in. I always make a mess and using a glass would really help.
omg yes girl! Put that mess behind you and use a glass haha so easy!
These are such a great idea! I love how easy they are to make and store – and customise! The raspberry one is my favourite! 😀 Thanks for sharing!
Yes! They’re so fun to make because you can add anything to them! Thank you for the love 🙂
Lisa Kitahara says
I absolutely love making bananas pops in the summer, i’ll definitely have to try your version!
yes! you have to!
Kari - Get Inspired Everyday! says
These look so good, and I love that they’re a healthy treat as well!
They’re so satisfying because the banana becomes like ice cream!