The ULTIMATE brunch food is here you guys. You’ve seen me use the everything but the bagel seasoning from Trader Joes on everything I eat (or maybe you haven’t, I don’t know) but this is by far the best way I’ve used it so far. It’s not in/on an everything bagel because that’s just too cliché. I needed to try something different – something that I could bring to someone’s house for brunch, something quick and easy. It’s a scone. Everything Bagel and Cream Cheese SCONES you guys! Of course, I had to ‘health’ them up a little bit so they are all almond flour which makes them gluten free. I used real cream cheese but you can totally make these dairy free by using Kite Hill (they’re my favorite brand as of right now) or other dairy free cheese you enjoy.
These don’t take very long to throw together and will stop your friends in their tracks! The brunch scene is usually pretty saturated with sweet things (which I also love) but this is an awesome savory addition for people more inclined to eat that way. They’re also healthy-ish so it will make you feel a little bit better about the 4 chocolate chip pancakes you just ate. You’re welcome.
Anyway – I’m obsessed with these. Most of the time when I make recipes to shoot I give some of it away to my family but Kevin and I kept these all for ourselves, haha sorry mom! They were too good to give up – they literally taste like an everything bagel and cream cheese and that’s one of my favorite things on the planet. #halfjew
Please let me know if you try them! I’d love to see what brunch spreads you got goin’ on! Tag me on IG or use #pricklyfresh so I can keep up!
Love & a Messy Kitchen,
Everything Bagel and Cream Cheese Scones
- 2 3/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbs Cream Chese (or your favorite dairy free alternative)
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese in addition to the 2 tbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Pulse in the 2 tbs cream cheese until it resembles pea-sized. If you don’t have a food processor, use a pastry cutter to cut the cream cheese into the flour.
- in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, and everything but the bagel seasoning until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined. Place dough in fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F while dough is chilling. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Sprinkle your work surface with a handful of blanched almond flour. Melt one teaspoon coconut oil for brushing the tops of the scones.
- Once dough is chilled, gather it together in a ball and place it on the floured surface. Shape the dough into a square about 6 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Then cut the dough sqaure in half twice to form 4 small squares. As shown in the photo above, cut each of the 4 small squares in half diagonally to form 8 small triangles. If you’re feeling rebellious, make them whatever shape you WANT.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little melted coconut oil.
- Using a spatula, carefully place each scone onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake about 16–18 minutes, until scones are slightly golden along the edges.
- Let cool completely. Mix remaining 1/4 c cream cheese with 2 tbs water and mix until it is a ‘glaze’ consistency. Spread about 1 tbs over each scone and sprinkle with everything but the bagel seasoning. ENJOY!