FRY IT AND THEY WILL COME. Seriously though – I’m running toward anything fried in oil, air fried, pan fried, or deep fried. You have to live your LIFE. This easy corn fritter recipe is sure to please on any day of the week but especially the 4th of July. Corn is one of my all time favorite summer foods, especially the sweet corn, like these corn muffins.
The easy corn fritter recipe uses few ingredients, making them a quick and easy snack or appetizer. I’ve chosen to top these ones with some bbq pulled beef for a heartier bite.
Easy Corn Fritter Ingredients
- We’re using canned corn here – making it even quicker and simpler. There’s nothing like eating corn off the cob but if you’re going to be cooking it anyway…why not make it easy on yourself, ya know?
- O-Live ‘Everyday’ Olive Oil – this is my go-to brand that I know, love and trust is quality. The ‘Everyday’ is exactly what it sounds like, it’s mild and great for use on/in many different things. I used it for pan frying these corn fritters!
- Green Onion – these give the corn fritters so much flavor. If you’re not a fan of onions at all, feel free to use parsley or cilantro and you’ll still get some nice color!
- Flour – I typically try to go for gluten and grain-free foods so I’ve used some brown rice flour. The trick is, you want to use something like oat flour, all purpose, or brown rice that is going to be more drying. If you use almond flour, your fritters won’t hold, for example.
The BBQ shredded beef you guys, is the easiest thing you’ll ever do. Throw some beef chunks into your instant pot, pot on the stove or whatever you have, shred them and then toss everything in your favorite BBQ sauce. BYE, DONE.
Can You Freeze Corn Fritters
YES! As long as you let them cool completely before adding them to that container or freezer bag, you should be good for a few weeks.
What is a Fritter?
A fritter is usually a deep fried ball of ingredients mashed together. Think about something like a conch fritter. In this easy corn fritter recipe, I decided to make them into more of a patty shape so that I could top them with the beef.
If you’re looking for something quick, easy and impressive, this is your ticket my friend!
Thank you so much to O-LIVE for supporting me, my dreams and these corn fritters!
Easy Corn Fritters with Shredded BBQ Beef
- 2 cups fine corn meal
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbs sliced green onion
- 2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- O-live 'everyday' for frying
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lb beef round chunks
- 1/2 cup beef bone broth
- 2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- add beef, bone broth and salt to a pressure cooker on high pressure for 20 minutes. Remove, shred and toss in your favorite bbq sauce.
- add drained corn, green onion, salt, pepper, corn meal and garlic to a medium sized bowl and stir to combine
- take 1 cup of the corn mixture and blend it. Mix it in with the rest of the corn mixture
- in a pan on medium heat, add about 1/2 an inch of O-Live olive oil.
- Once it's hot, add 1/4 cup of corn mixture to the pan and press down (if necessary) to form a patty. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Mix 2 tbs apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp honey, a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add 2 cups shredded green cabbage making sure it's all coated
- Add about 1 tbs of the shredded beef to each corn fritter and top with cole slaw
Marisol Chancellor says
Can’t wait to make this! love the corn and beef combination
Yay! They’re honestly so easy to make too!
Marisol Chancellor says
Can’t wait to make this! looks delicious
let me know what you think!