PB, Choco, Pretzel Cookie Bar?!
HOLY COWWWWW I’m so happy you’re here because that means you have a sweet tooth just like ME. These easy cookie bars are INSANE. I know I’ve said this about a couple of other things but SERIOUSLY this is my best healthy-ish recipe yet. These bars were GONE in a matter of hours. Kevin AND mom approved (she’s a tough one), love you mom!
So these babies are gluten and dairy free – please don’t let that scare you, they’re seriously SO GOOD. Also, how could you go wrong with peanut butter, pretzels and chocolate? LMK. I used gluten free pretzels – if you’ve never had the ones from trader joes, you’re missing out – for real. As for the chocolate, one of my favorite brands is Eating Evolved mostly because they don’t put any crap in their products. I used the signature dark bar where the ingredients are organic cacao, organic coconut sugar and organic cacao butter. Take a look at the ingredient label the next time you buy chocolate – you would be surprised!
How to Make Easy Cookie Bars
- Cream Oil and Sugar
This will ensure a perfect texture in your bars
- Choose the Right Pretzels
I wanted this recipe to be gluten free which is why I chose the Trader Joe’s gluten free pretzels in the first place BUT they’re so much crispier than the average pretzel. They hold up much better.
These bars have the texture of a blondie and the taste of the best easy cookie bars /pb cup you’ve ever had in yo lifeeeee and best of all they’re better for you so that means you can eat like double – jk or am I?
I’m such a dessert person. It’s so important for me to close out my meal with something sweet. I think part of it is that I grew up in a New York Jew family that’s all about the coffee and dessert and part of it is my genes. Either way – I love dessert and no one will ever take that away from me. I feel like dessert is always something people cut out if they’re trying to lose weight or ‘be healthy’ which is not fair. Be kind to yourself people, have a square of chocolate instead of the whole bar or a bite of cake instead of an entire slice. You can do it, I promise.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Pretzel Cookie Bars
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Flavorless Oil or Unsalted Butter I like sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 large egg room temperature (or 1 flax egg for vegan)
- 1 1/4 cups 213 grams Chocolate Chunks (I use Eating Evolved Signature Dark Bar)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Pretzel Twists I love the ones from Trader Joes
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Combine sugar, egg, oil and peanut butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients excluding pretzels and chocolate, mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet with mixer on low until well combined.
- Mix in chocolate & pretzels.
- Line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper and press cookie dough evenly into the bottom.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Hungry for more? Try these Everything Bagel and Cream Cheese Scones