The Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets You’ll Ever Make!
Air fryer chicken nuggets have become a staple in our house. They’re so tasty and honestly, pretty easy to make. Also, who doesn’t love a chicken nugget? Since we live in tropical Miami, I decided to spice it up with some coconut. A little play on coconut shrimp, if you will. I also still wanted them to be healthy, so we could continue to eat them on the reg.
How Do You Cook Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer?
Well – you’re in the right place. We make everything in the air fryer. Anything that you’re putting in there will come out crispy. Things that work are anything in their natural form like these crispy lemon french fries OR anything that has a “breading.” If it has a batter (think pancake consistency, it will not work and it will be a mess.)
Shop This Post!
click on the image to purchase
How Long Does it Take to Air Fry Chicken Nuggets?
A good rule of thumb, if you like everything really crispy, like me. Is to make everything at 350 or 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and then check it out and adjust from there.
Are These Chicken Nuggets Gluten Free?
YES! Also, you’re in luck because it’s very simple to do it either way. This recipe uses ground up gluten free crackers, but you can also use any bread crumb of your choosing. I love a panko breadcrumb situation for extra crisp-ness.
What You’ll Need:
- Air Fryer or Oven
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Then, you’re off to the races! I promise you, these air fryer chicken nuggets are going to become a weekly staple for you as well. They’re so versatile. If you don’t like coconut you can always just do the crackers and experiment with the seasoning in that!
This post contains affiliate links which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for being here!
Crispy Coconut Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4.5 oz Gluten Free Crackers or 1 1/4 Cup ground
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Grind up crackers in a food processor or blender until pieces are a little smaller than pea size. Place into a shallow bowl with salt and coconut and set aside.
- Crack & beat 1 egg into an additional shallow bowl and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes and have your air fryer tray or baking sheet if using oven, near by.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then into the cracker/coconut mixture and place on air fryer tray. Repeat until all of your chicken is breaded.
- Bake in the air fryer at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.