Creamy lemon pasta has to be one of the easiest, most delicious meals you can make for yourself or anyone else. I recently went to an italian restaurant in the city for someone’s birthday and ordered the lemon pasta. I think it was like $15? #nycprices am I right? After my first bite I think I said “this is like 3 ingredients, you can totally make this at home.” So, here we are. I made it for you at home in a gluten free, dairy free version.
What’s The Difference Between Spaghetti and Linguine?
- Spaghetti is the kind you think of when you think of pasta. It’s long and skinny and is meant for thin sauces that you can slurp up.
- Linguine is a flat, wider noodle meant for sauces that are slightly heavier because they can really carry it.
- Linguine works great for something like this creamy lemon pasta, or any thick, creamy sauce like alfredo for example.
How to Make Creamy Lemon Pasta : Gluten and Dairy Free
- Find a Trader Joe’s
buy their fresh gluten-free linguine. This stuff is a game changer. It’s in the refrigerated section near the ravioli and such.
- Zest The Lemon
BEFORE you cut it. *see note below if you don’t have a zester
- Thick Coconut Milk
Add cornstarch to your coconut milk to create a thick texture once you put it in the hot pan. You can also use arrowroot starch
- Cook the Pasta according to package
- Cook Sauce
Add coconut milk/cornstarch and half of the lemon zest to a pan on medium heat adding salt and pepper. Once the sauce begins to thicken you add in the pasta, remaining lemon zest, salt, pepper and maybe some fresh basil if you’re feeling fancy. THAT’S IT.
How to Get Lemon Zest Without a Zester
- use a vegetable peeler to carefully peel the zest from the pith (white part), while not going into the fruit. One peeled, slice each strip even thinner and chop to get very small pieces.
This is seriously one of my favorite meals when I just want a giant bowl of pasta because I love lemon so much. It’s a super fast and easy weeknight meal. It’s also very versatile, you can add shrimp, chicken, beef, anything! Please let me know if you make it, here!
Creamy Lemon Pasta (gluten & dairy free)
- 1 Package Trader Joe's Gluten Free Fettuccine
- 1 Lemon zested & juiced
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tbs Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- Chopped Fresh Basil *optional*
- Cook pasta according to package and strain. If you're letting the pasta sit in the strainer, make sure to drizzle some olive oil so the noodles don't stick
- Mix corn starch into coconut milk and whisk to combine. Add the mixture and half of the lemon zest to a skillet on medium heat
- Bring to a boil and then move the heat to low, season with salt and pepper
- Add pasta + remaining lemon zest + pepper and mix to combine. Serve Immediately or keep warm
Shop This Post
Have you tried the Caramel Apple Crumble Bars yet?!