Let’s be real, the holidays are HERE but there are tons of apps that can be made year round. One of my favorite combos in the whole world is cheese and some sort of jam – I don’t really discriminate against the flavor [ I do love raspberry, though ] Is there anything better? I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned multiple times on this platform that I could eat a cheese and charcuterie board for dinner any damn day #boujeeAF. This little appetizer is basically a cheese and charcuterie board in one bite. You have crispy bread, creamy port salut cheese, sweet and slightly tart cranberry jam, topped off with a piece of salty prosciutto. That’s hittin’ all the spots if you ask me! Did I mention that it’s insanely easy to make. Perfect for taking to friendsgiving, or having ready on the table for when your guests arrive 10 hours before dinner is ready – YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. These little crostini are also super festive because of the cranberry – duh, so they look cute!
Another thing the cranberry crostini go well with? Wine. All the wine. Red, white, rose, it’s the holidays you guys! I teamed up with some AMAZING bloggers to bring you some INSANE cranberry recipes! They’re all listed below!!
What Annie’s Eating Cranberry Mojitos
Square Meal Round Table’s Cranberry Orange Streusel Pie
Easy and Delish — Avocado Cranberry Hummus Dip
Flottelottehaan Buchteln with Cranberry Oranges Jam
The Cooking of Joy’s Cranberry Curd Tart
Jessie Sheehan Bakes – Cranberry Buckle
Ciao Chow Bambina – Cranberry Pecan Cracker Spread
Baking The Goods – Cranberry Apple Brown Butter Crumble Pie
Katiebird Bakes – Cranberry Sauce Breakfast Rolls
Crumb Top Baking’s Cranberry Orange Overnight Oatmeal Muffins
The Baking Fairy – Vegan Cranberry Apple Bundt Cake
You Can Live Rich On Less – Cranberry Cherry Tarts
Sift & Simmer – White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Bappy Girl – https://bappygirlyum.blogspot.com/
Ronnie Fein – Baked Goat Cheese with Honey Sauce and Cranberries
Lemon Thyme and Ginger – Baked French Toast with Apple Cranberry Compote
Hola Jalapeno – Cranberry Agua Fresca with Mint and Lime
Ronnie Fein – Cranberry Pie with Dried Figs and Cashews
Susannah Chen’s Cranberry Pico de Gallo
Katherine in Brooklyn: Cranberry Cinnamon Buns
Pie Girl Bakes: Dark Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Cookies
Clean Plate Club: Glazed Cream Puffs with Cranberry Buttercream
Tiny Kitchen Capers: http://www.tinykitchencapers.com/white-chocolate-cranberry-oatmeal-cookies/
Le Petit Eats: Dark Chocolate Tart with Cinnamon Sugared Cranberry
Zestful Kitchen: Naturally Sweetened Cranberry Curd
Cranberry Crostini with Prosciutto & Port Salut
- 1 lb Cramberries usually one bag
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 French Baguette cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 1 chunk Port Salut
- In a medium sauce pan combine all ingredients on medium – high heat. Stir to combine. Cover and let cook until most of the cranberries have popped (about 15 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Place each slice of bread on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven on broil for around 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip them and put them back in for another minute or two. DO NOT WALK AWAY. They will burn in a second.
- Using a butter knife, take a chunk of port salut and spread it on each slice of bread. Place a teaspoon or so of COOLED cranberry compote on each one.
- Cut each piece of prosciutto into 4 pieces. Roll each smaller piece up like a cigar and place on top of the cranberry compote. Optional: top with orange zest
Check out these Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins for dessert!