How is it already the end of 2018?! Where does the time GO?! Looking back, so much happened this year. We moved out of our home state for the first time, Kevin started a new job, I left a job with the people that became family for my ‘dream job’ that I later got fired from and started to pursue PF full time (such a blessing in disguise). Kind of huge things, looking back. I love reflecting on the past year, every year because it reminds me how far I’ve come, how hard I’ve worked to build this business, and how far I still have to go (in a good way). It’s also probably been one of the most challenging years of my life because of all of the above. HUSTLIN’ AIN’T EASY.
Anyway – enough about me. 2019 is here and I’m SO ready for everything it is about to bring our way. I’m not a huge fan of diets or starting them because it’s a new year. I do think a new year is a great, fresh start to do something new. This doesn’t mean cutting everything you love out of your diet. You are correct – you cannot eat anything you want and look like a Victoria’s Secret model, HOWEVER living a healthy lifestyle changes you. Once you’ve started reading nutrition labels and seeing how many chemicals and horrible ingredients you’ve been putting in your body for so many years – you genuinely don’t want to go back to that. I think that’s where people fall short. They’re so caught up in losing 10 pounds and calories that they don’t even care how it gets done.
If you’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start, start there – read the labels of everything that’s in your fridge or pantry right now. Look at those ingredients, research the ones you don’t understand. THIS IS YOUR LIFE. What you put inside your body is LITERALLY the most important thing in life. Eat real freaking food. Everything in moderation. I made a grocery list for Trader Joe’s if you need somewhere to start! Since we’re not restricting ourselves of everything good in life – I also made you cannoli cupcakes. Check them out below.
Also, thanks for being here, I love you more than you know!
Cannoli Cupcakes with Espresso Ricotta Filling
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup Spelt Flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 + 2 tbs cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1/8 tsp Almond Extract
- 3 tsp Instant Espresso
- 1 tub Marscapone Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a medium bowl or bowl of a stand mixer add flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut sugar until combined.
- Add eggs and yogurt to the dry mixture and mixed until well combined.
- Scoop into cupcake liners placed in a muffin tin filling 2/3 of the way and Bake at 350 Degrees F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- One cupcakes are completely cooled use a cupcake corer to remove the center. If you don’t have one of these bad boys just use a sharp knife and cut a small circle in the middle. Make sure not to go through the bottom of the cupcake.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Add to a piping bag or makeshift one using a ziplock bag. Squeeze the filling into the cupcake center until it is level with the rest of the cake.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Using an offset spatula frost the cupcakes.EAT THEM.