Caesar Salad is kind of all of our starter ‘trying to be healthy as a kid’ salads right? Except it’s not really that healthy at all – it’s mostly croutons and a sh*tload of dressing. I’m changing the game today! It still is one of my favorites so I wanted to put a healthy spin on it. Healthy Caesar Salad! It’s gluten free, dairy free and cooking the pasta is the only thing you really have to do other then putting it all together.
Gluten-Free Pasta for Healthy Caesar Salad
Yes, girl! If you haven’t tried Banza yet, I think you might love me. It’s made from chickpeas but is the only alternative pasta I’ve found that is the taste and texture I want. It also has a ton of protein, which is nice when you actually just want to eat a bowl of pasta. You can find it at Target, Whole Foods, Lucky’s Market, Sprouts, probably anywhere you grocery shop.
I’ve replaced the croutons in this healthy caesar salad with some crispy roasted chickpeas. They still add the salty crunch you’re looking for without making you a bloated balloon and actually giving you some nutrients. A healthy caesar salad is something I’m willing to eat week after week. I like changing my meals often but this one is always good and FAST.
How to Make Crispy Chickpeas
First things first, make sure you drain these, give them a nice rinse and then let them hangout in a colander. After you feel like all of the water is gone, throw them onto paper towels and completely pat them dry. If some of the skins come off – it’s ok! Throw them out. Now, we’re going to throw them in a bowl with a generous pour of olive oil and sea salt, I particularly love pink salt. Next – if you have an air fryer, put them in there. If you don’t you’re going to put them in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes. If you’re doing it in the oven you might want to give them a little shake a few times while they’re cooking. The air fryer will have lots of air circulation which will make them crispy.
I use Tessamae’s dressings because they’re clean, dairy-free and actually taste good. This Caesar is bomb. Toss everything together and you have yourself an easy, healthy caesar salad for dinner or lunch!
If you make this Healthy Caesar Salad TELL ME! @pricklyfresh or leave a comment below.
Looking for more dinner inspo? I love this Pad Thai!
Caesar Pasta Salad
- Air Fryer or Oven
- 1 Can of Chickpeas rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
Caesar Pasta Salad
- 3 Heads of Romaine chopped
- 3 Roasted Red Peppers out of the jar
- 1/4-1/2 cup Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing I love Tessemae's
- 1 box Banza Bowtie Pasta
- Rinse and dry chickpeas. Place in a small bowl with olive oil + salt and add to an air fryer at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until crispy golden brown. *if you don't own an air fryer, place them on a baking sheet at 400°F for 25-30 minutes shaking them occasionally*
- In a medium pot bring water to a bowl and cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and let cool. It might be helpful to add a drop of olive oil once the noodles come out so they don't stick.
- Chop romaine and red peppers and add to a large bowl. Add cooled pasta + caesar dressing and mix until well combined. Top with crispy chickpeas. Enjoy!