We all know I am not the biggest fan of breakfast. I just can’t seem to find anything that I want to get up in the morning for that is also nutritious enough to have as a ‘breakfast’. I have FINALLY found it you guys. These blueberry cashew almond oat bars are SO GOOD and good for you. They’re gluten free, dairy free but fully delicious.
I used the oats to make a flour and also in their whole form. My secret ingredient is sweet potato! Who knew right? This gives them a fluffy texture and really makes them into bars instead of things that just fall apart in your hand. I wanted them to be chunky because I like bars that have a lot of ‘stuff’ in them. Makes me feel like I’m eating more, ya know? So I did just that, you’ve got oats, cashews, almonds, blueberries and coconut butter. So many different textures and flavors that go so well together. I actually caught myself eating these before I went to the gym or as an add-on for breakfast, even as a dessert some nights. Bottom line is I really really enjoyed them and I think you will too. They’re so easy to make.
The oat bars would be perfect if you have people staying at your house or you want to bring something different to a brunch or an edible gift for a friend, the possibilities are endless! I think they would also hold up well in the freezer if you wanted to save them in there and pull them out and heat them up as needed. I currently only have one left in my fridge and I’m savoring the last moments I have left with it!
Please let me know if you guys make these oat bars! I love seeing the different variations you guys put on things. Use #pricklyfresh or tag me in the photo, or on your story on Instagram!
If you’re looking for a savory lunch options check out these cuban nourish bowls
Blueberry Cashew Almond Oat Bars
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sweet potato puree i used a white sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup depending on how sweet you want it
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl combine sweet potato, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup
- Add in remaining ingredients but leave out 1/4 cup of blueberries, all of the almonds and 1/4 cup of cashews
- Once mixture is combined add it into a greased (i used parchment paper) 8×8 square baking dish. Once it’s pressed into the pan, sprinkle the remaining blueberries, cashews and almonds on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let it cool completely before cutting FOR REAL. They’ll fall apart. ENJOY!*OPTIONAL – melt 2 tbs of coconut butter and drizzle over top!