Crispy French fries with parmesan and lemon zest.Jump to Recipe
Crispy French Fries are the name of the game – I’m going to tell you how to do it! I know there are some people that like the soggy fries at the bottom of the bag. Sometimes, I like those too. But most of the time, I want them crispy and full of flavor. I feel like everyone has an air fryer these days and they’re so easy to make in there. They also take up about half of the time.
How To Make Crispy French Fries in The Air Fryer
- Depending on the type of potato, the starch content is higher or lower. Russet potatoes are the best for french fries and have lots of starch. When you cut and soak them in water it releases the starch, which will leave you with a crispy potato.
- Make sure the raw french fries are completely dry. You can lay them out on a clean kitchen towel.
- Cover them in a healthy layer of olive oil. This could be done in a bowl.
- Season the potatoes with anything of your choosing. In this case, we are using salt and a little bit of grated parmesan.
- Bake in the air fryer at 400F for 16 minutes
Once the fries are crisp to your liking – toss them in a bowl and add some more parmesan and some lemon zest.Jump to Recipe
If you don’t have enough time to soak the potatoes in water, do not fret! You’ll still be able to get a crispy fry, it might just take a little bit longer on the cook time.
If you really love cooking in the air fryer, most of the recipes out of The Alternative Guide to Meal Prep use it!
How Long do Fries Take in The Air Fryer?
- Different air fryers will vary in time but the quickest my Chefman 6.3 QT air fryer performs is in 16 minutes. If you do them in a traditional oven they take about 35 minutes.
Crispy French Fries in The Air Fryer
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Lemon Zest 1 lemons
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- Cut each potato into 1 inch sticks and add to a bowl of water
- Drain the water and put the fries on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel to dry
- Add the fries to a bowl with olive oil and toss to coat. Add 1 tbs of the parmesan cheese and toss again to coat.
- Place on the air fryer tray in a single layer at 400°F for 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime – in a small bowl mix remaining parmesan, lemon zest and salt
- When fries come out of the air fryer sprinkle with lemon parmesan and salt mixture.