The holiday season is my time to shine in the kitchen. Everyone always looks to me for the menu decisions – which I love creating! I usually try to stick with traditional but I also try to put some new twists on things. Recently, I’ve been trying to come up with some healthier items to share with my family. I hate the feeling after this meal that we’ve worked so hard on – that full feeling.
I think it’s fun to have a cocktail hour while some of the mains are still being finished. A holiday inspired martini and some delicious bites usually do the trick, The one I’ve put together this year is a holiday inspired sweet potato crostini. I used Stella brand ricotta cheese, chopped pecans, dried cherries, and some local honey. It’s easy and quick to throw together for those early guests!
The secret ingredient is lemon zest in the ricotta. It adds such a bright flavor and freshness to the sweet potato. The thing I love about Stella cheeses is that you can always count on the quality. They’re authentic cheese makers that make you feel the Italian traditions.
The food and the drinks are important, but my favorite of all is spending the time with my family and friends. Most of the time I have a holiday party with all of my friends and then separately with my family. We all need the time to reconnect and make new memories and the holidays are the perfect excuse. I really would love to see what all of you are making this holiday season. Tag me on Instagram or message me so I can follow along with you guys!
Do you have a winning holiday recipe you want to share? Enter here for a chance to win $3,000 from Stella!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 C Stella Ricotta
- 1 Lemon Zested
- 1/2 TSP Dried Rosemary
- 3 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 TBS Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 C Dried Cherries
- 1/4 C Pecans Chopped
- 1 TBS Honey to Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees
- Slice sweet potatoes 1/4 inch thick
- Place cut sweet potatoes in a medium bowl and mix in sunflower oil, and 2 tsp sea salt
- place seasoned sweet potato rounds on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 15 minutes
- Let potatoes cool for 15 minutes
- While sweet potatoes are cooling, mix ricotta, remaining salt, lemon zest, and rosemary in a small bowl
- Once sweet potatoes are cooled top each round with ricotta mixture, a tsp of chopped pecans, dried cherries and a drizzle of honey
Looking for more holiday recipes? Check out this Apple Pie Smoothie