It is that time of year again my friends! Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING has taken over our lives and I’m not even mad about it. Even though the seasons don’t really change in Florida, it still feels like the kick off to holiday season. I’m always curious to see what new pumpkin spice concoctions brands, instagrammers and companies come up with every year.
This year, as I’ve mentioned in some of my other posts, I really made an effort to eat cleaner. I started counting ingredients instead of calories, and it has actually been so much fun. I love trying to come up with new recipes and collaborate with new brands. These pumpkin spice coconut butter cups are definitely a product of one of my experiments. I used dark chocolate, Artisana coconut butter, good old pure canned pumpkin, and some pumpkin spice. What’s not to love? It’s all good clean eating ingredients making them totally ok to eat for breakfast…okay okay only on the weekends.
If you’ve never had coconut butter or even know what I’m talking about – it’s pureed coconut meat, that’s it. It does taste like coconut, so if you’re not into that then I wouldn’t make these! It usually comes as a solid but for this recipe you do have to melt it down. There are so many fun combinations you could make with coconut butter cups. Dark chocolate sea salt is one of my favs (basic I know) , or you can double up the filling and add some peanut butter, or make them peppermint, the possibilities are endless!
You guys will have so many pumpkin recipes to make by the end of the month just in time for Thanksgiving!
If you do make a fun combination and want to share, leave me a comment below or tag me in your creation on Instagram!
In the meantime another fun fall dish is this sweet potato gnocchi
- 1 12oz Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1/4 C Coconut Butter Melted
- 1/8 C Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mini cupcake liners
- Chop chocolate up into chunks and place into a microwave safe bowl. Cook in 30 second intervals stirring each time until chocolate is melted completely.
- Place 12 mini cupcake liners onto a sheet pan
- Pour about 1/4 of an inch into the bottom of each mini cupcake liner
- Once you've filled them all place them in the freezer for two minutes
- While you're waiting for your chocolate to harden, melt your coconut butter using the same method as the chocolate
- Mix pumpkin, pumpkin spice and melted coconut butter together and put into hardened chocolate bottoms. The mixture will most likely be thick and not necessarily 'pourable' that's ok. Press it down with your finger if you need to.
- Pour remaining chocolate into each cup until it is almost full.
- Freeze for 30-45 minutes