The Winter is rough here in Florida…said no one ever. However, our “Winter” is definitely one of my favorite seasons because the rest of the year is blistering hot. During Winter, you can actually peacefully sit outside without sweating bullets and even occasionally catch a chill in the air. Regardless of how it feels outside, I like to eat by season and in the Winter carrots are a huge vegetable in my house. You can add them to soups, stews, salads and even dessert! I teamed up with some awesome bloggers to bring you endless carrot recipes for you to make this Winter. You can find their recipes linked below! Let’s start with my Carrot Cake Blondies with Cream Cheese Frosting though…
Growing up, I loved everything with cream cheese in it – and actually, I still do. Desserts, sushi, you name it, I’ll eat it. Needless to say, I wasn’t going to compromise on that part of this. In fact, I didn’t even try to lighten this up at all because every once in a while I get into that “go big or go home attitude” and this one was just too good. I’m also obsessed with cream cheese ANYTHING.I love the warmth of carrot cake, but I love the chew of a brownie even better so I combined them into a carrot cake blondie. Satisfying doesn’t even begin to describe them. They’re thick, frosted and so delicious. If you’re anything like me, you’ll stick these in the fridge and eat them cold! Is anyone else like that? I love things cold so much better, especially things with frosting like cake or cupcakes. I also totally prefer a cold chocolate chip cookie to a warm one any day. I really hope you guys enjoy these!!
All of the Carrot Recipes You Could Ever Think Of:
Square Meal Round Table’s Rainbow Carrot and Ricotta Tart
The Cooking of Joy’s Candied Carrot Rose Tart
Better with Biscuits’ Carrot Souffle
This Healthy Table’s Beet and Carrot Galette
Always Eat Dessert’s Carrot Cake Squares with Orange Glaze
Figs & Flour’s Thai Peanut Pizza
Fufu’s Kitchen’s Oven Baked Carrot Fries Drizzled with a Tahini Sauce
Flours in Your Hair’s Carrot Pecan Cookies
Hola Jalapeño’s Roasted Carrots with Chipotle-Honey Butter
Worth Pause’s Paleo Thai Curry Carrot Soup
Something New for Dinner’s Minted Sous Vide Carrots with Balsamic Vinegar and Goat Cheese
What Great Grandma Ate’s Paleo Carrot Mug Cake
More Icing Than Cake’s Spiced Quinoa & Roasted Carrot Salad
Hot Dishing It Out’s Vegan Carrot Whoopie Pies
Katie Bird Bakes’ Carrot Cake Scones
Confetti Kitchen’s Harissa-Roasted Carrots with Lentils and Yogurt
Easy and Delish’s Carrot Spaghetti
Pie Girl Bakes’ Five Spice Carrot Bundt Cakes with Bourbon Cream Cheese Glaze
Smoothies and Sundaes’ Carrot Cake Sourdough
Zestful Kitchen’s Moroccan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Food by Mars’ Paleo Carrot Walnut Loaf Cake
Cosette’s Kitchen’s Sumac Carrot and Feta Salad
Measuring Cups Optionals’ Carrot Curry Soup
Rezel Kealoha’s Turkish Yogurt Carrot Dip
Pies and Prejudice’s Carrot Pie with Maple & Cardamom
Amanda Skrip’s Rainbow Roasted Carrots with Citrus Fennel + Arugula
Baking The Goods’ Roasted Carrot & Herby Feta Galette
Marianne Cooks’ Carrot and Zucchini Mini Muffins with a Cinnamon Frosting
Rumbly in My Tumbly’s Chai Carrot Pie
Cook Til Delicious’ Mini Carrot Cake
What Annie’s Eating’s Roasted Carrots with Herby Carrot Top Salsa Verde
It’s a Veg World After All’s Zesty Sunflower Carrot Spirals
Butter Loves Company’s Iced Carrot Cake Cookies
Le Petit Eats’ Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars w/ Maple Coconut Icing
Smart in the Kitchen’s Curried Carrot Ginger Soup (Whole30)
Cocoa and Salt’s Classic Carrot Cake
Dirty Whisk’s Carrot and Herbed Ricotta Tart
A Modest Feast’s Pomegranate-Molasses-Glazed Carrots With Crispy Chickpeas and Feta
Lemon Thyme and Ginger’s Sweet n’ Spicy Herbed Carrots
Jessie Sheehan Bakes’ Chocolate Carrot Loaf Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 12 Tablespoons (1 & 1/2 sticks) UNSALTED Butter, Softened
- ½ C Granulated Sugar
- ¾ C Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C Carrot, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8oz Cream Cheese (one brick), Softened
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 16oz Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a spatula, stir in carrot shreds until combined.
- Press dough into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes (time will vary on the size of your pan) or until edges are lightly golden brown. Let bars cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Place cream cheese and butter into a stand mixer and beat until well combined
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time so you don't wear it!
- Add Vanilla and beat until completely combined
- Voila! Cream Cheese Frosting
Want more dessert? Check out these Chocolate Tahini Nut Balls