Hi Friends! I’m sharing a recipe today that is on the top of my favorites list. BIBIMBAP! Anyone who knows me knows that Asian food is my jam. I just love all of those flavors: the soy, sesame, peanut and spiciness just feed my soul.
Believe it or not, these Bibimbap Bowls are rather quick and easy to make. Even the pickles can sit for 30 minutes and still taste divine. I’m always in search of easy week night meals because Kev and I are pretty busy but I also get lazy, I’m HUMAN! I think the most important thing to do every week is to plan out your meals. I know you probably hear this from everyone but trust me when I tell you, IT HELPS! It takes the thinking out of it, which reduces impulse eating.
Surprisingly enough, this Bibimbap is a healthy meal that will nourish your body and your taste buds! I’ve replaced rice with some cauli rice, the soy sauce with coconut aminos (my new obsession! Find them here), and then spiced it up with some sriracha because what is an Asian dish without that!
Aside from having the Bibimbap meat in the crock pot, this meal is super quick and easy to pull together. If you have leftovers, it’s such an easy thing to grab and take to work or school as well. If you like sweet and sour flavors this will be right up your alley. I love anything that’s vinegar-ey and slightly sweet. The veggies are pickled in some rice vinegar, water and sugar – that’s’ IT! I don’t want you to be intimidated by that because it takes a whole five minutes to put together, and stick in the fridge to forget about – I believe in you, you got this.
Leave any questions, comments or LOVE below! 🙂
- 1-2 Pounds Flank or Skirt Steak
- 1/2 TBS Fish Sauce (I use this one
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos (I love the ones from Thrive, Or Trader Joes)
- 1-2 TBS Sriracha, depending on the amount of heat you like
- 2-3 TBS Carrot Ginger Dressing from Trader Joes (this one)
- 2 TBS Sea Salt
- 1/2 One Large Red Onion, Sliced Thin (I use a mandolin)
- 3 Large Carrots, Cut Into Sticks
- 3 Small Cucumbers, Sliced to your liking
- 3 Cups Rice Vinegar
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Mason Jars
- Add meat to the crock pot followed by all of the ingredients. Flip the meat over to make sure everything is covered! Cook on low for 6-8 Hours or High for 4 hours. Serve over sauteed Cauliflower rice.
- Place sliced or chopped vegetables in each of their respective mason jars and set aside. Heat vinegar, water and sugar until sugar is dissolved (easiest way is in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Pour the mixture over your vegetables in their mason jars. Seal them up and put them in the fridge until you're ready to eat! These will also last a really long time if you don't finish all of them.
Hungry For More? Check out this sweet potato gnocchi