BANANAS!!!! Who else buys five bananas a week thinking they’ll eat them all – AND doesn’t learn from their mistake?! YUP me too. However it’s not necessarily a complete catastrophe considering we get to make lovely banana bread out of them. Gotta see the positive right? I also have another plus for you — this one is better for you! I’m not going to say ‘healthy’ because it still has sugar in it. However, you’ll notice I made some ingredients swaps to make this one a little bit better for your bodies digestion and blood sugar levels. I still treat this as more of a dessert instead of a breakfast bread though, for obvious reasons.
I chose to put some chocolate chunks and some sliced bananas on top but this is unbelievably versatile. You can mix in blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, pecans, the possibilities are endless! Maybe even a little peanut butter swirl – ya know what I’m sayin?!
Anyway – I don’t want to drag this on longer than it needs to be. I just wanted to share a clean eating, good for you recipe with you guys and hopefully inspire you to make some healthier choices in your lives. I’ve been on a journey for the last year to make these switches as well as looking at my ingredients on the packaged things that i DO buy a whole lot more. You would be surprised at all of the unnecessary things that there are in our foods these days. it’s important that you do your own research and figure out what is best for yourself and your body.
In other news – let me know what your favorite banana bread combos are in the comments below or tag me in your posts on Instagram! 🙂 I am Looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful creations!
- 1/3 C Sunflower Oil (or coconut oil melted)
- 1/4 C Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 C Water
- 1 C Mashed Ripe Bananas (1 1/2 - 2)
- 1/4 C Cashew Milk or Milk of Your Choice
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 3/4 C Almond Flour
- 1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place coconut sugar and water into a microwavable bowl and microwave about 45 seconds and stir until sugar is dissolved
- In the bowl of a stand mixer place mashed banana, vanilla, and sunflower oil and mix until combined
- Add eggs and mix until combined
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and cinnamon
- Turn your mixer on low ( or stir on the Kitchenaid) and add in the flour mixture a little bit at a time just until everything is combined
- Add cashew milk & mix until combined (don't be afraid to add a little bit more if it is too dry)
- Stir in chocolate chunks and pour into your greased baking dish
- Bake for 45 minutes - an hour
If you’re looking for more fun recipes to get you in the kitchen check out my Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes